According to Markelitc, 71.1% of event organizers say that connecting the in-person and virtual audience is their biggest challenge. 47% of event organizers say that hybrid events are a solution to this problem because they help to connect these dispersed audiences.
But where do you start? How do you host a successful event? How can a virtual event platform help to take off your event? Here is everything you need to know about hybrid events.
Common Hybrid Event Questions
Best Practices for Hosting Hybrid Events
Event professionals always have best practices in their back pocket. Here are some of the best practices to consider when planning your hybrid event.
Work with a Hybrid Event Technology Partner
Especially if this is one of your first attempts at a hybrid event, you should consider working with a hybrid event platform. Both event organizers and event attendees will benefit from having everything in one place in a great event management platform.
However, you shouldn’t use just any hybrid event platform. You should make sure that you’re working with an experienced partner who’s platform has proven to be successful. Make sure you ask each partner:
- Does your hybrid events platform allow for interaction between onsite and online participants?
- Does your platform create exhibitor matches across environments?
- How are digital poster halls structured and displayed online and onsite?
- Does your companion app help those onsite find better matches?
- Can cohorts or teams be set up to perform challenges across in-person and virtual?
- Will your app support introverted learners onsite with chat and Q&A?
- Does your solution support future needs in our organization-wide digital strategy?
All of these considerations are important factors to consider when choosing a partner or platform.
"We spent a lot of time looking at conference platforms which had plug and play approaches to virtual meetings. JUNO was the first company who approached our conference needs with customization and creativity. The entire JUNO team has infectious positivity which helped us tackle our first-ever virtual event with confidence."
- Jodi Talia, Chief Development Officer, ACEP
"With JUNO, because we have a lot of things that we wanted to do and knew it had to be done differently, JUNO was willing to work together and figure out the best way to accomplish what we are trying to do.”
- Lukrecija LeLong, Meeting Planner and Event Program Manager
"We have wanted a central hub for our community for years prior, but couldn’t figure out how to do that until it was dropped in our lap due to the pandemic. Once it all comes together, you’ll start to see it organically grow. What’s really cool about the design of this platform is it’s so customizable. As your vision and needs change, the platform can change with you."
- Diane Kovats, CEO, ISCB
"The JUNO Team is knowledgeable, organized, professional, VERY dependable no matter what time and day. They confirm with you, document it, then solve it, and communicate back."
-Hugh Lee, Digital Now 2020, Founder & President