According to Markelitc, 71.1% of event organizers say that connecting the in-person and virtual audience is their biggest challenge. 47% of event organizers say that hybrid events are a solution to this problem because they help to connect these dispersed audiences.
But where do you start? How do you host a successful event? How can a virtual event platform help to take off your event? Here is everything you need to know about hybrid events.
Common Hybrid Event Questions
Best Practices for Hosting Hybrid Events
Event professionals always have best practices in their back pocket. Here are some of the best practices to consider when planning your hybrid event.
Work with a Hybrid Event Technology Partner
Especially if this is one of your first attempts at a hybrid event, you should consider working with a hybrid event platform. Both event organizers and event attendees will benefit from having everything in one place in a great event management platform.
However, you shouldn’t use just any hybrid event platform. You should make sure that you’re working with an experienced partner who’s platform has proven to be successful. Make sure you ask each partner:
- Does your hybrid events platform allow for interaction between onsite and online participants?
- Does your platform create exhibitor matches across environments?
- How are digital poster halls structured and displayed online and onsite?
- Does your companion app help those onsite find better matches?
- Can cohorts or teams be set up to perform challenges across in-person and virtual?
- Will your app support introverted learners onsite with chat and Q&A?
- Does your solution support future needs in our organization-wide digital strategy?
All of these considerations are important factors to consider when choosing a partner or platform.